Explore the past, present and future of Belfast through a series of bespoke walking tours.
Get your walking boots on and take part in Walking the Past, a programme of bespoke tours celebrating unique aspects of Belfast's past, present and future.
This exclusive programme will take in sites across the city as you explore how it has been transformed by history and how it could look as we move into the future.
How will the programme work?
- You will join a group of like-minded people for a mix of virtual and in person tours.
- Begin on Monday 14th June with an online virtual tour of the Linen Hall Library from Librarian Samantha McCombe and explore the amazing social, historical, political and cultural items in its collections.
- Come to the city on Monday 21st June for a 'Best of Belfast' excursion with DC Tours that will take in the city's history, architecture and stories from its colourful, turbulent and powerful past.
- Meet in Belfast on Tuesday 29th June and join Seedhead Arts who will explore the newer, more radical future-vision aspect of Belfast through its unique street art scene, challenging our more traditional political murals.
- Visit the Linen Hall Library after each walking tour for refreshments and a chance to explore the iconic building.
The programme takes place across three dates:
Monday 14th June 10.30–12.30 Linen Hall Library Online Session
Monday 21st June 10.00–12.00 Best of Belfast Tour – Paul Donnelly
Tuesday 29th June 10.00–12.00 Belfast Street Art Tour - Adam Turkington
Each of the walking tours covers a distance of 2-3km and participants should dress appropriately.
This programme is FREE and open to anyone based in or from Northern Ireland or the border counties.
For more details, or to discuss any disability access requirements, please contact Lesley Cherry: firstname.lastname@example.org