Registration is now open for a free digital fabrication programme taking place at the Nerve Centre’s Fab Lab in Derry~Londonderry.
PRONI, Linen Hall Library and the Nerve Centre have joined forces to offer this unique opportunity linked to an exhibition exploring women’s stories from the archives.
Participants will get exclusive access to archives and collections from PRONI and the Linen Hall Library and hear from exhibition curators about some of the extraordinary women’s stories they found.
During the programme, participants will learn digital fabrication skills and produce their own creative response.
The week-long programme will allow participants to:
• Get hands-on with cutting edge digital tech
• Learn about 3D printers, laser and vinyl cutters
• Develop practical skills in using digital fabrication equipment
• Research stories of influential women from the archives at PRONI and the Linen Hall Library
• Produce your own creative response
• Gain an OCN qualification in digital fabrication
The programme will run from 10am - 4pm each day and is open to anyone aged 16 and over.